The Office of Historic Resources’ mission is to create a comprehensive, state-of-the-art, and balanced historic preservation program for the City of Los Angeles.
Upon its inception in 2006, the Office articulated the following as its key goals:
- Complete a pioneering citywide historic resources survey
- Achieve “Certified Local Government” status in historic preservation (approved in April 2007)
- Integrate historic preservation fully into Los Angeles’ planning process
- Serve as an expert resource on preservation for the Department of City Planning and for other City departments
- Provide responsive customer service in conducting historic preservation reviews
- Create additional incentives and creative partnerships for historic preservation